Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Muffins.

I was on the schedule to bake something for the coffee and refreshments table at church, and I wanted something that was sweet and delicious without being too much like a dessert.

Enter these muffins I found from The Happy Housewife. They're easy and delicious, and are perfect for breakfast or brunch. I tripled the recipe and it made about 36 muffins.

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cups flour (I used white, but the original recipe calls for whole wheat)
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Brown sugar
Cinnamon

Directions:
Mix together dry ingredients, then add egg, milk and vegetable oil and mix thoroughly.
Fill muffin cups 1/4 of the way with batter, then add a pinch of brown sugar to each muffin cup. Cover the brown sugar with batter, and then sprinkle the tops with cinnamon and more brown sugar.
Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

Photo courtesy of The Happy Housewife, because I forgot to take a picture of the muffins before they were devoured.

1 comment: